Skip to main content

Background info for ON Tribe Forum 2017 today Tuesday 18th October 2018

I am writing this post in support of the talk I am scheduled to give tomorrow at the On Tribe Forum regarding “How to find your Free-Range-Chook”. Michelle Carter, who asked me to speak, has heard my bird analogy and thought it might be worth sharing, but it sure doesn't help explain what I'm talking about! I hope everyone is intrigued enough to stay and work out what it's about… in fact, it’s a principle which I have used for most of my mature business life so I hope it ends up being useful for everyone else.


During the talk, I hope to get lots of feedback from the audience so I can zero in on what is most important to everyone, but I will be mentioning two books that I found very helpful and may be worth looking at in the context of our discussion.


Now discover your strengths by Marcus Buckingham is really important for Aussies in particular as we often don’t realise how powerful our strengths are, but this also means that we may have weaknesses that preclude us from ever being effective in other areas of our business life. Reading and implementing this book was probably the most influential single factor in my business success and happiness at work.


The other book is Corps Business by Freedman. This book has lots of interesting things in it. Firstly let me say I am not interested in warfare or politics for that matter, but handling a life-threatening situation shows when an approach will work or fail. The specific chapter I will refer to in the book will be talking about “End State” thinking. About how to work back from the desired goal to achieve it in the shortest possible number of steps, or how to find the right people to help you get there.

Hope this helps.

Comments

Real Time Web Analytics