Skip to main content

Inventor help for this week

This week started with a bit of a hiccup when I couldn't get Google Hangouts working for an Inventor session... it was really painful and I have to work out what is going on there... On Thursday I started out helping Matt Allen from Coaxe diesel engines with some inventor/ start-up advice as a favour for my mate Pete Cooper who runs the Sydstart events... its a really interesting diesel engine design that radically reduces vibration and runs more efficiently than a standard engine.. they are in the UAV space because the obvious application ie helicopter engines is dominated by turbines... I hope my advice made a difference for them as it is a really interesting idea....

Then I went to the Tweed Coast to catch up with the iDesign guys who have an automated houseplan/ lot matching system for land developers and home buyers. I helped them with a business model patent back in 2010.. there stuff is really maturing...

Then I met Simon Oleary and his brother in law who are working on a really cool idea for an intelligent BUY button... cant say more than that but it is a great idea...

On Probono Friday I spoke to Evan Samways about a twist on a pet cleaning system that we brainstormed on for patent opportunities... Evan really had the inventor spirit driven by a basic problem that he wanted to solve and see used by Pet owners.... he was close but needed more work... then I met with Ian Clapham about the idea of a tech centre here in the North Coast... kind of like Fishburners (see below) but in a farm setting. Youve heard of Silicon Valley, Sydney wants to be Silicon Beach... how about Silicon Farm! :-)

Photo from Fishburners site - credit Fishburners.com.au
Then I met with Victor Cassar. The magnet expert of Australia :-) What a classic inventor. We discussed the trials and tribulations of inventing, looked at some infringement issues and brainstormed on the use of inertial mass as a battery... he was dead set on water/ hydro as a solution but I was pushing for a magneto/ geared system... it was genuinely an interesting exchange that I really want to follow up on... wow this was a pretty normal week but looking back it was fascinating... I really would love to see all these great ideas and people have success...
Real Time Web Analytics