Skip to main content

My best bet on the FBI iphone break in technique

The news has been speculating on how the FBI has broken into an alleged terrorists iPhone and after thinking about it a while here is my guess...

Here is what I'd do:

1. I'd take apart the iphone and make a flash copy of the memory of the iphone.
2. Then Id run up one hundred flash copies of the original image in its original state.
3. Then I'd test three of the possible 10,000 combinations on each individual image until each individual image self destructs. Thats three hundred attempts in each cycle.
4. Then I'd keep doing it until I found the combination that worked. That is only 333 cycles to try all ten thousand pin combinations.

Ahhhh, this makes me think of a way to stop this attack... I wonder if Apple is interested in a solution?

Comments

Real Time Web Analytics